Level 1 Coaching Courses Announced for Birmingham and Cambridge
5 May 2023
BaseballSoftballUK's Performance Team has announced a further set of Coaching Level 1 Courses for 2023! The Level 1 course, designed to be completed in a five-hour period, is a great way to learn new skills or refresh basic knowledge before the outdoor playing season.
The course has been developed specifically for coaches that need to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of linked and progressive coaching sessions independently over the course of a season.
Dates and venues
- 20 May 2023 - Solihull College & University Centre, Blossomfield Road, Solihull (B91 1SB)
- 10:00 - 15:00
- 3 June 2023 - Anglian Leisure Netherhall, Queen Edith Way, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire (CB1 8NN)
- 10:00- 15:00
Each session costs £30 and registration is here.
Why do the course?
- The course has been developed in partnership with Great Britain Baseball and Great Britain Softball, under the supervision of BaseballSoftballUK's new Performance Team.
- You will learn everything you need to know to run practices and organise your team for an entire season.
- You will learn how to creatively run practices, making the best use of time and space to engage participants of all abilities.
- You will earn a coaching qualification recognised by BaseballSoftballUK.
- You will interact with and learn from your peers while receiving the most up-to-date information on coaching techniques.
- You will become a better and more well-rounded coach.
Who is the course suitable for?
- Coaches who are responsible for teams over a season, including running practices, selecting line-ups and planning pre-season training.
- Assistant coaches who lead on skills or plan other areas of practice.
- Coaches who want to take responsibility for the ongoing development of players.
- Coaches wishing to work independently or as a licensed coach.
- Coaches who need the equivalent of a Level 1 Qualification or Award.
- Experienced players looking to become a qualified coach.
- Coaches who are looking for the next step in their development.
What are the pre-requisites to take the course?
- Learners must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Coaches must have an up-to-date DBS Check (Available for FREE from BSUK)
- Coaches must have completed a basic Safeguarding Course (Available for a nominal fee from BSUK)
- Recommended: Coaches must be First Aid Certified
By the end of the course, coaches will...
- Have an enhanced idea of how an existing baseball or softball club can recruit new members
- Learn a structure for recreational sessions that isn’t taught on other coaching courses.
- Basic rules, skills and how to facilitate a training session.
- Fundamentals of running a training session, including: How to hit ground balls/fly balls, basic hitting instruction, basic fielding instruction, and baserunning
- The basics of Baseball5 - the newest form of the sports
For any further information, please contact Colin Barrett here.