Joint Code of Conduct for Baseball and Softball
Everyone involved in the sports of baseball and softball, on and off the field, is expected to:
- Adhere to the Official Rules
- Display and promote high standards of behaviour
- Promote fair play and behave within the spirit of the Official Rules
- Always respect the decisions of match officials
- Never engage in public criticism of match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
- Avoid bullying, intimidation and poor behaviour
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, volunteers, staff and spectators
- Remember we all make mistakes
Members of the Executive Boards of the BSF, BBF and BSUK are expected to:
- Act in the best interests of the organisation they serve, above other interests or obligations
- Take collective responsibility for the implementation of decisions
- Act in good faith and with integrity
- Exercise due care and diligence
- Disclose and avoid any conflicts of interest
- Respect the confidentiality of those matters so classified
- Ensure they do not use their position to gain advantage for themselves or others
- Ensure that the work of the organisation they serve is open and accountable
The purpose of the Joint Code is to act as a simple public document setting out the core principles to which players and officials are expected to adhere at all times.
The British Baseball Federation (BBF), British Softball Federation (BSF), BaseballSoftballUK (BSUK) and individual leagues, clubs, teams and other affiliated organisations will supplement this Joint Code with more detailed codes and policies as appropriate.
Formally adopted at the meeting of the BSUK Board of Directors on 3 April 2011.