‘Pitch In’ : Scorekeeper
If there’s a home run you’ll be there to see it … and record it! You get to watch games and are in charge of recording the scores in baseball or softball matches and providing the raw material for player and team performance statistics for clubs, leagues, tournaments or national teams.
Depends on club, league, tournament or national team events during the season.
What you’ll do:
- Accurately record games on a pitch-by-pitch basis, in part through effective communication with the umpire.
- Maintain a record of game results and league or tournament standings.
- Produce game-by-game and cumulative statistics for batting, pitching and fielding from games recorded.
- Understanding of baseball and softball.
- Understanding of scorekeeping conventions.
- Basic maths and written skills.
- IT skills, especially in relation to scoring software.
- Good communication skills.
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).