‘Pitch In’ : Event Assistant
The role of an Event Assistant is to support BSUK staff or club members with the smooth running of an event on the day. As such, you will be a main voice for the club or event and you can help to grow its profile.
Support for BSUK or club events as required throughout the season.
What you’ll do:
- Support BSUK event staff throughout the event.
- Help with set-up and take-down of fencing, field furniture, seating, stands and stalls as appropriate.
- Be a point of contact for questions from event participants and spectators.
- Hand out event programmes.
- Assist with event scoring and result records.
- Support event timekeeping.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to perform a number of varied tasks on the day.
- Friendliness and approachability.
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).