‘Pitch In’ : Club Treasurer
If you’re good at balancing the books, then this is the role for you. The Treasurer is responsible for insuring that the finances of the club are organised and managed effectively through a specific club bank account.
Ongoing throughout the year.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all income and expenditure for the club, including banking arrangements.
- Plan the annual budget in agreement with the club Committee and monitor income and expenditure throughout the year.
- Ensure that funds are spent appropriately.
- Explore funding opportunities for the club.
- Pay all invoices.
- Prepare an end-of-year financial report for the club's AGM.
- Manage legal requirements such as taxation and charitable status.
- A good knowledge of the club and its financial position.
- A financial background, with knowledge of managing and producing accounts.
- The ability to use and produce accounting spreadsheets or other accounting systems.
- Contributing to a well-managed and governed club.
- The potential to grow and develop the club's finances.
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).