‘Pitch In’ : Club Secretary
The Club Secretary plays an important role in the club's development. He or she is the principal administrator and the first point of friendly contact for those seeking information about the club.
Ongoing throughout the year, with more time required during the season.
What you’ll do:
- Be the first point of contact for all enquiries.
- Organise the Annual General Meeting and other club meetings.
- Take and distribute Minutes of all meetings.
- Keep club records.
- Liaise with members, post holders and external agencies.
- Friendliness and approachability.
- Good management skills.
- Confidence and effectiveness as a communicator.
- Good administration skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- IT literacy.
- The knowledge that you have contributed to a well-managed club.
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).