‘Pitch In’ : Club Fundraiser
Without funding, the running of any club is difficult, so the Club Fundraiser has a key role. You will focus on increasing funds through sponsorship and the establishment of long-term relationships with potential funders, as well as developing new and imaginative fund-raising ideas.
Ongoing throughout the year, approximately a couple of hours a week.
What you’ll do:
- Plan and organise fundraising activities for your club.
- Identify all funding possibilities, from match day opportunities to larger fundraising events.
- Understand the financial requirements of the club.
- Obtain financial and in-kind sponsorship.
- Make sure effective fundraising support materials are designed and available for use by all members of the club.
- Collect funds raised and pass the money on to the Treasurer.
- Monitor and accurately record the success of fundraising activities.
- Organisational skills.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactivity and a self-starter.
- The ability to research, plan and devise strategies.
- Research capability.
- Contribute to a well-managed and governed club.
- The satisfaction of growing and developing the club's finances.
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).