‘Pitch In’ : Assistant Junior Team Coach
The role of the Assistant Junior Team Coach is to assist the Head Coach with the selection, preparation, coaching and performance of the team, as well as ensuring that programmes are in place for individual athletes so that they are prepared to perform to the highest standard they can.
To be discussed with the Junior Team Head Coach and/or members of the club Committee.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Junior Team Head Coach.
- Assist in the preparation and running of Junior Team training sessions as required.
- Develop and maintain high ethical standards in coaching.
- Commit to the further development of your coaching knowledge and skills.
- Undertake training appropriate to the role (eg, Child Protection training).
- Ensure that all coaching/training sessions take place in a safe environment through carrying out risk assessments.
- Offer feedback on players’ performances.
- Attend competitions with Junior teams.
- Assist in the selection of Junior teams.
- Attend Junior club meetings and report to the main club Committee where appropriate.
- Inform the Junior Co-ordinator, in advance, of any sessions/games that you cannot attend.
- A knowledge and understanding of baseball/softball.
- Confidence and good leadership skills.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to earn a BSUK coach award.
- The ability to communicate with groups and individuals.
- The ability to listen to and mentor people.
- Good organisational skills.
- Learning new skills and developing existing skills through hands-on experience.
- Personal and professional development and/or training.
- The ability to explore career or job opportunities in a voluntary capacity.
- A chance to have fun and meet new people, enjoying the traditional social life that baseball or softball clubs generate.
- Experiencing new challenges.
- Supporting your local community, with the personal satisfaction that comes with knowing you have helped others.
- A written/verbal reference.
- A brilliant CV booster (73% of employers will employ a candidate with volunteer experience over one without).
The Assistant Junior Team Coach must have a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check.