Sign Up for a Safeguarding Training Course
BaseballSoftballUK has launched an online training package aimed at equipping coaches and club welfare officers with the knowledge and skills required to protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in sport.
The training package
BSUK is offering licences to the Educare for Sport online training package developed in association with the National Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC). This covers the following topics:
- Child protection in sport and active leisure*
- Child protection refresher
- Health and safety
- First aid essentials (this is not detailed enough to act as a stand-alone First Aid qualification)
- Preventing bullying*
- Equality and diversity*
- Safeguarding adults*
- Child exploitation and online safety
- Personal safety
- Safer recruitment
Basic food hygiene
* The courses marked with an asterisk are compulsory courses to gain a safeguarding qualification, however, we recommend that you complete all of the courses and modules listed.
The package is easy to use and highly flexible, allowing you to complete the training in stages when you have time. Each programme comes with its own personalised certificate of completion and the qualification is valid for three years, requiring only a refresher course to renew the qualification after that time.
The package costs £30 through BSUK, which offers exceptional value for the content provided.
BSUK can also offer face-to-face Time to Listen courses and you can find more details on this here.