Promote baseball and softball with the BBC Things To Do website
Wed 16 May 2012
BBC Sport is supporting BaseballSoftballUK's mission to get more people playing our sports by offering baseball and softball clubs and leagues a platform to promote their activities on bbc.co.uk.
From 22 June 2012, the BBC will be promoting sport taster sessions to the public on their Things To Do website. The marketing effort is part of the BBC’s work to help inspire the public to try out sport this summer and build a lasting Olympic and Paralympic legacy.
The project will be promoted throughout the summer months by BBC Sport and to the 3.3 million unique daily visitors to BBC Sport’s website, so it is a good way to promote participation opportunities in baseball and softball to a much wider audience.
All baseball and softball clubs and leagues are eligible to register and upload sport taster activities on the Things To Do site, so long as the activities meet the following criteria:
- The activities must be run from 22 June 2012 onwards.
- Sessions must include active participation in sport (e.g., playing, coaching or volunteer opportunities).
- Activities should either be free of charge or run on a cost recovery (non-profit) basis.
- Activities must be accessible to the general public, not just members of the club or league.
- Sessions must happen on a specific time on a specific day.
The BBC suggests that a natural fit would be to advertise taster sessions, open days, recreational play or an inclusive tournament. This is a terrific opportunity for clubs and leagues to recruit new players and build some local awareness of their organisation and national profile for the sports.
Clubs can find out more, sign up and start promoting their taster activities at www.bbc.co.uk/thingstodo/activitymaker.