Summary of Insurance Cover
Entitled to indemnity
- Association, it's employees, committee members & volunteers
- Affiliated clubs & organisations
- Registered participants at affiliated clubs
- Registered Umpires & Officials
- Registered Coaches (coaching other members)
Covers extends to official club activities anywhere in the world but indemnity is only provided to UK members (classified as resident in the UK for at least six months of the year)
Limits of indemnity:
BaseballSoftballUK, British Softball Federation and British Baseball Federation:
|Civil Liability||£10,000,000 any one occurrence|
|Products Liability||£10,000,000 in any one period of insurance|
|Legal Defence Costs||£250,000|
The main features of the policy (as defined by Perkins Slade) are:
Public Liability: Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the Insured Activities.
- Member to member liability
- Indemnity to Principals
- Liability for damage to leased, hired, or borrowed premises
Products Liability: Aaccidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of any goods sold or supplied by the Insured.
Professional Indemnity: Loss (financial or otherwise) arising out of Errors and Omissions (e.g. bad advice or failure to act.)
Libel and Slander: Includes defamation, which is vital in relation to the consequences of allegations of abuse.
Directors & Officers: Personal legal protection in respect of mismanagement, including protection for insured persons against employment wrongful acts and violation of employment discrimination laws.
Principal exclusions applicable to civil liability:
Liability arising out of:
- Criminal acts of the insured
- The ownership, possession or use of any mechanically propelled vehicle, aircraft, hovercraft or water-borne craft.
- Product guarantee or recall, repair or replacement.
- Or in connection with damage to any data.
- Medical malpractice.
- Damage to own property.
Registered participants of the British Baseball or Softball Federations between the ages of 3 and 75 years. Whilst an insured person is participating in any activity of the insured anywhere in the world including direct travel to and from such activity within the United Kingdom.
In the event of death and permanent total disablement.
The benefits are payable if during the period of insurance the insured person suffers accidental bodily injury resulting directly and independently of any other cause within two years in death, loss or disablement. Cover includes accidental damage or loss of teeth.
|[B] Permanent Total Disablement from gainful employment of any and every kind||£50,000|
|[C] Loss of limb(s)||£50,000|
|[D] Loss of sight of eye(s)||£50,000|
|[E] Loss of speech or hearing in both ears||£50,000|
|[F] Emergency dental treatment||£500|
|[G] Broken bones (arm/leg)||£100 / £200|
|[H] Hospitalisation||£30 Per Day / £750 Max|
Benefits [A] to [F] and [H] to [I] are reduced by 50% for persons aged over 70 years.
Benefit [G] is reduced by 50% for persons aged over 65 years.
Please note maximum age limit is 75 years old
Aggregate limit(s) of liability:
|[a] per Event for Insured Persons whilst travelling in any one aircraft||£500,000|
|[b] per Event overall||£500,000|
Injury arising out of:
- Illness, disease, HIV
- The taking of a drug which is not lawfully available
- Flying other than as a passenger in an aircraft operating under its own power
- War and allied perils
- The first £50 of any claim arising out of damage to or loss of teeth
- Participating in sport as a professional [not applicable to full time paid coaches.]